A few weeks ago we presented the white paper on the 10 influencer marketing trends proposed by Stellar, today we propose to focus on 3 of these trends: live, virtual worlds and gamification…
Download the free white paper with the 10 influencer marketing trends for 2023
1: Live success: when influencers play the live card
Authenticity, high engagement rate and visibility, these are the main advantages of live. Internet users, tired of filters and other retouching, want something real, want something live. All social platforms have gone live and there are more and more formats. Whether it is the BeReal application (success of the year 2022), Dual Cam on Snapchat, TikTok Now, chats during Twitch streams or even Linkedin life, the use of “live” formats is increasing.
Internet users are really looking for these formats, and the results in terms of engagement are there:
- 64% of viewers would buy products recommended by streamers on Twitch.
- 28% of influencers have made live the heart of their marketing strategy.
- 1 million people connected during GP Explorer, a Formula 4 Grand Prix live on Twitch hosted by YouTuber Squeezie.
Life beats all records.
Here are 5 tips to capitalize on this trend:
- Identify the right “hosts”: social influencers with experience in this format or customers and employees of the company with a good knowledge of your product.
- Make life a fixed deal. Regularity and the appointment announcement effect will be two keys to success.
- Choose the right type of content: company backstage, presentation of new products, interview… It’s up to you to choose the most suitable format for live.
- Take advantage of interactivity: keep the link via chat, start live challenges…
- Think cross-platform: broadcast simultaneously on your different accounts and on influencers.
Click here to find tips and testimonials to get started live with Stellar’s white paper
2: Virtual worlds: tomorrow’s influencer marketing beyond social networks
Networks are no longer the only social destinations. Make way for virtual worlds (metaverses), new preferred destinations for marketing entities.
In full boom, the digital giants are investing massively to develop the future of digital: $120 billion has flowed into the metaverse in 2022, more than double that in 2021, and its value by 2030 is estimated at $5 trillion.
The Sandbox, the Somnium room, Decentraland… Influencers are starting to invest in these new platforms. 56% of influencers claim that they are already active, 90% are ready to promote a brand there and 70% believe that metaverses will eventually replace social networks.
Of course, the real world has more influence at the moment, but the future will be hybrid.
Here are some examples of using the metaverse:
- Travis Scott’s concert on Fortnite, followed by 12 million people and has generated more than 3 million merchandise.
- Metaverse Music Festival 2022, a music festival organized last November at Decentraland.
- Or Mattel, which sells toys turned into avatars on Roblox in the form of NFTs.
It’s time to experiment. Test, experiment with your brand to be ready when the time comes.
3 tips to take advantage of this trend:
- Adopt innovative strategies and plan testing periods: The metaverse must be part of managers’ strategic discussions.
- Surround yourself with web3 com agencies, especially NFT’s specialists, to test and build skills.
- Prepare for metaverse data: rules, collection and use… document the possibilities.
Click here to find tips and testimonials for getting started in the metaverse
3: Gamification, experiences, challenges: capture your community
Gamification is not limited to video games. Integrated into influencer marketing operations, it increases engagement. Thus, studies reveal a 100% higher engagement rate as soon as game mechanics are used.
In a context of over-prompted advertising, audiences are increasingly hermetic to messages, and gamification comes to the rescue. Indeed, followers are no longer passive and like to participate in challenges, challenges … launched by brands and influencers.
In addition to engagement, when gamification is enabled, conversion and retention rates are also there.
Example : The “Coca-Cola Shake” campaign launched in Hong Kong, where the brand combined a commercial and a game on a mobile application. The concept was simple: every night, a commercial was shown encouraging viewers to shake their phone as quickly as possible from the mobile application to receive a discount on their next purchase. Result : The app hit the record for local app downloads for iOS in one day, and the TV ad got more than 9 million views in total.
Contests on Instagram, challenges and challenges on TikTok, live on Twitch and BeReal, Stellar’s white paper will give you interesting examples to surf the wave of gamification.
5 tips to take advantage of this trend:
- Keep it simple to facilitate engagement.
- Find the most suitable device for your community.
- Reward participants through a reward system.
- Encourage interactions by connecting with subscribers.
- Frame the marketing campaign by creating a sense of urgency around the game.
Click here to find advice and opinions on setting up gamification
Download the 2023 Influencer Marketing Trends White Paper for free.
Stellar is a Franco-Belgian company, a leader in influencer marketing, operating since 2015 successfully from its offices in Paris, Brussels and Copenhagen. Stellar offers simple and innovative solutions that enable companies and organizations to collaborate with the right influencers, launch and measure successful influencer campaigns and ROIs on social networks via 2 solutions:
Stellar Agency, which offers a range of services: from influencer campaigns to media relations and social account management
Stellar Platform, the SaaS solution
If you want to professionalize your influencer marketing strategy and save time managing and monitoring your campaigns, this is undeniably the tool you need!
You have the option to test for free or request a demo on their site.
Article written in collaboration with Stellar