BUSINESS FRANCE is present from east to west in six offices in North America, in New York, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Chicago and San Francisco and two branches in Detroit and Houston. A multicultural team of approximately 105 experts operates in the following sectors: Lifestyle and Technology, Health, Industry, Infrastructure and Environmental Technology, Agrotechnology. Our teams organize 50 annual events to promote French know-how (France pavilions at fairs, business forums, discovery missions, acceleration programs, etc.).
Distributed in Toronto, New York, Chicago and soon in Montreal, the communications and marketing unit of the North America network (5 people) manages three strategic priorities:
- Economic picture of France, highlights France’s strengths as the preferred destination for international investment
- Local institutional communication of Business France, by promoting its activities and the market knowledge of our local team
- Consulting services: by helping French companies understand how to communicate effectively in North America – even by carrying out campaigns and communication campaigns on their behalf (press or social networks)
If you are a professional who shares our taste for international collaboration, Business France is for you!
Under the supervision of the head of the communications & marketing department, the communications officer will be responsible for
- Carry out all the communication actions programmed around the operation of the Art of living (consumer goods and creative sectors) and industrial, infrastructure and cleantech departments, while following the graphic charters and operational methods in place to do so. This includes, but is not limited to: creating or customizing and updating websites via WordPress templates, social media campaigns (creation, content and publishing), press relations and creating digital or printed graphic formats (brochures, catalogs, banners, etc. ..) . Each operation is organized by a specific sector team and will be the subject of meetings and progress reports during production.
- Take responsibility for projects on behalf of client companies, want to develop in the USA or Canada. This includes, but is not limited to: consulting on communication strategy, creating communication media (brochures, websites, presentation decks) and press or digital communication campaigns.
- Education and experience: a degree from an accredited college or university in communications and two to five years of experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in the art of living would be appreciated but not essential.
- Language proficiency: because most media and campaigns managed by the communications officer will be produced in English, a perfect command of English is decisive both orally and in writing. At the same time, because relations with head office or customers are conducted in French, a good command of French is also significant. Both languages will be tested during the interview and instrumental in selecting the successful candidate.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of social networks and digital creation.
- Of experience with press contact would be appreciated but not essential.
- A good knowledge of the Adobe suite (at least on Indesign and/or Illustrator, Photoshop) will be a plus (without being disqualifying)
- experiences within assisted creation of website and back office (Wix, WordPress, Google Analytics, SEO basics) would be appreciated
- Appetite for the commercial relationship : The position involves calls with customers and prospects and requires the ability to analyze their needs and propose appropriate solutions.
- Analytical skills : some of these solutions require the communications professional to offer in-depth analysis of their communications tools and strategies to help them improve them
NB: the head of department helps the communications officer to upgrade in the areas where this will be necessary. This position is ideal for building new and varied experiences and building skills in a short period of time.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
- Agile reflexes ; willingness to work independently and as part of a larger team – with diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with French and North American cultures will be essential, the teams are multicultural. Alongside this, a good knowledge of the function of a French company will be a plus.
- Ability to think strategically, prioritize and manage projects in parallelwith the corresponding deadlines, including during busier periods.
JOIN US – Business France is:
- The opportunity to work with and for companies of all sizes and help them grow, while training your ability to analyze and improve communication devices
- Grow in your position and gain skills in all facets of communication and access to annual training according to the employee’s wishes
- A multicultural team of French, Canadians, Americans of all origins
- An attractive working environment: hybrid rhythm between coworking space in the city center and home, 5 weeks of paid vacation and 10 public holidays, comprehensive health coverage and pension contributions.
All applicants must be able to work legally in Canada. The position will be available from 1 January 2023. Please send your CV and cover letter (in English).