11 start-ups and companies have been selected as part of the Impact China 2021 program led by Bpifrance and Business France. Goal: to accelerate their spread in China. The names of the participants and details of the support program were revealed on Monday 19 July 2021. Tech and Cleantech are in the spotlight in this new edition.
A 100% digital edition
The goal is to help start-ups better identify business opportunities in China and then confirm them, especially through deals. The program has been redesigned for this fifth year of life due to the health context. For starters, this 2021 edition is 100% digital. A liability due to the restrictions on access to Chinese territory. And it also wants to be more modular “to respond even better to the characteristics and ambitions of each of the companies supported”, explains Bpifrance.
A first bootcamp took place to raise the awareness of start-ups “to the challenges of industrial property, interculturality, legal issues, communication tools specific to the Chinese market or the particularities of human resource management”. Subsequently, start-ups will be able to test their development strategy by obtaining meetings with previously identified prospects.
“The Impact program is designed to enable companies to respond to the challenges of the Chinese market and to accelerate their development in this high-potential market, via this year a digital program to meet the challenges of the health situation.”, commented Eric Morand, director of the Tech & Services department of Business France, in a press release. Overall, since the launch of this program, 60% of the start-ups in question have established themselves in China less than 6 months after their participation.
The 11 selected start-ups
- Medical World: The e-learning platform is aimed at medical and paramedical educational institutions and hospital groups, so that students and teams can master English in their work.
- CopSonic and Chitec (in Asia): develops a proximity communication technology that enables secure information exchange using ultrasound via speakers and microphones on all electronic devices (PCs/notebooks, tablets, smartphones, voice assistants, kiosks and smart TVs). This solution is intended to be complementary or alternative to QRCode, NFC, BLE or biometrics.
- Eco-Tech Ceramics: the industrial ecology engineering company has designed a heat accumulator, Eco-Stock, which captures, stores and recovers waste heat at high temperature by releasing it in the form of hot air, hot water or even to convert it into cold or electricity.
- Gaussian: the engineering company designs, installs and sells innovative products and services within transport and logistics
- geodes: creates, develops and publishes entertainment mobile applications, centered on the world of gems and jewelry, such as Cœur de Gem and Dazzly.
- Fact: the startup supports OEMs, airlines and pilot training centers with a unique software package that delivers objective human factors data for pilot training, design and certification.
- IoTize: the company offers manufacturers a global turnkey solution to achieve functionality to control electronic systems from a mobile phone using wireless interfaces (NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LoRa, etc.).
- Chronically safe: the French software publisher specializes in the design and validation of complex real-time critical embedded systems.
- mirSense: the start-up specializes in solutions based on QCL (Quantum Cascade Laser) lasers for the defense and industrial/environmental markets.
- Nexedi: specialty in publishing free software for the business market (ERP, Cloud, Big Data, vRAN). For example, its Rapid.Space software offers high-performance virtual servers, a cross-border CDN, a data hub as a service for Industry 4.0 and 5G vRAN for mobile private networks.
- Spin-ion technologies: develops a manufacturing process that increases the storage density of digital memories tenfold and reduces their power consumption, all while respecting environmental responsibility.
Chose for you