What is Amazon Business?
Amazon Business simply is Amazon’s selling platform for professionals. The goal for Amazon was therefore to take advantage of all its experience in online sales and bring it to the benefit of professionals.
What is the difference between Amazon and Amazon Business?
The biggest difference is of course the audience: Amazon sells to individuals, while Amazon Business sells to professionals. But it is not the only one. In fact, as with many platforms that sell to professionals, you can benefit from discounts for bulk purchaseswhich is of course not possible as an individual.
Sellers will also be able to show prices excluding VAT, as we are on B2B. We also find an offer system on Amazon Business, for special requests. You will also be able to take advantage of a dashboard designed for professionals to navigate your sales or accounts.
Why use Amazon Business? The 7 benefits of Amazon’s B2B platform for your business
The benefits for professionals who sell
- Professional Audience on Amazon: You can take advantage of Amazon’s reputation and huge visibility while selling to professionals.
- Possible to sell services
- Automatic VAT invoicing
- Professional sales tracking interface
The benefits for professional buyers
- Discounts for bulk purchases
- Prime shipping is still available (as is free shipping)
- Push procurement management tools
A few questions about Amazon Business
How do I access and create an Amazon Business account?
If you don’t sell on Amazon at all (individual or professional), you need to register. All you have to do is go to their site and create an account. This operation is free and can therefore give you the opportunity to enjoy the products like a professional or sell to professionals.
Opposite to, if you already sell on Amazon, especially to individuals, you don’t need to create an Amazon Business account. In fact, this service is already available from your classic Amazon seller account. If you then want to sell, go further down the article to find out how.
Does Amazon Business Pay?
If you are already present on Amazon to sell to individuals, we can say that it is not necessarily worth switching to Amazon Business. In fact, the operation is similar whether you sell to individuals or professionals: it gives you a seller account. Getting this account is not free. The price is €39 per month and it allows you to sell on Amazon and Amazon Business.
Then you will also need submit to the various fees imposed by Amazon to its suppliers. As for selling to individuals, the costs will be higher if you sell in FBA (shipped by Amazon), since you will entrust them with the logistics of your products. others additional fees may add if you e.g. will utilize Amazon’s advertising space.
Finally, if we’re targeting buyers instead, registering for Amazon Business is free. However, they will also be able to benefit from a Prime account that is different from the one enjoyed by individuals.
What is Amazon Business Prime? And what are its prices?
As on the “classic” version of Amazon, Amazon Business has a Prime subscription, which provides various benefits in exchange for a regular payment.
We find all the same points in common with the classic Prime, such as e.g delivery within 1 business day e.g. In addition to fast delivery, you will even be able to plan this one. On Business Premiumyou can enjoyAmazon spend visibility to study your expenses and improve your budgetary decision-making process. In the same style you can useAmazon guided purchase, to define purchase restrictions on certain categories for example. Finally, subscribers with the Amazon Business American Express card can choose to receive 1% of their order amount or pay 90 days after the order ships.
There are several levels of Prime Business, there are even 5 to be exact:
- Duo (available with classic Prime otherwise €25 per year excl. VAT): limited to 1 user and without Amazon Spend Visibility and Amazon Guided Buying.
- Basic (€50 per year excl. VAT): 3 users
- Small (€150 per year excl. VAT): 10 users
- Medium (€350 per year excl. VAT): 100 users
- Unlimited (€3000 per year excluding VAT): more than 100 users
How to sell on Amazon Business? The process to be followed
The process to follow to sell on Amazon Business is very similar to what you see on “classic” Amazon. Here are the few steps you need to follow to start selling on the platform:
- Create a seller account from their side. If you already sell to individuals on Amazon, you already have access to Amazon Business from your interface. But if you are new, you need to subscribe to a classic seller subscription (€39 HT per month) as we explained earlier.
- If you don’t already have a business account on Amazon, you need to enter the classic account creation information (name, e-mail, etc…). Amazon will also expose you to pass a confirmation form to authenticate you and your business. To validate the registration, you must then wait for Amazon to validate this information.
- Now that your account is set up, go to your Seller Central to start selling. The first thing to do is toImport your products to Amazon.
- Before you make a sale, you must also sign up for Amazon’s VAT calculation service. So the platform takes care of all that on the invoices.
- Then it becomes necessary configure your products. Of course we will have to define one correct price and quantity discounts for professionals. That product pages must also be optimizedwith functional descriptions of grades and enhanced content (known as “A+”) to help your potential customers make the right choice (comparison, advanced technical sheet, user guide, etc.).
- Then you only have to send your orders to your customers. If you don’t want to bother with all the logistical aspects, it is possible to sign up for the FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) program. This means that you simply send your products to Amazon, which then takes care of the logistics of these.
Amazon Business therefore represents potential for companies that want to expand their customer base on Amazon or, conversely, are looking to supply in quantities with discounts. All you have to do is get started. To go further, do not hesitate to consult our complete guide to selling on Amazon.