Jasmin Open Monastir (WTA 250), 2nd flagship tournament in Africa marked by the participation of Ons Jabeur and the support of the KIA brand in Tennis
After the qualification, it’s the start of the final table of the WTA250 Women’s International Tournament : ” Jasmine Open Monastir 2022» organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the International Tennis Federation of the Tunisian Tennis Federation (FTT) at the tennis club’s courts in Monastir (Tunisia).
The organization of this great event, 2th flagship tournament in Africa is provided by the Tunisian Tennis Federation in collaboration with the local Club of Monastir and traditional tennis partners, including KIA brand, ultimate support for sports worldwide.
Below we reveal the specifics and details of the program…
- Our Tunisian champion Ons Jabeur, number 2 in the worldthe most recent finalist at Wimbledon and the US Open leads the players registered in this tournament and will therefore be “number one seed” in the final table. She will play her first match on Tuesday 4 October 2022 at 18:00.
- This flagship event is 2nd tournament in the WTA women’s professional circuit organized in Africaafter Rabat in Morocco, “Grand Prix of Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Meryem (WTA 250)”.
- It is also the 4th tournament in the WTA women’s professional circuit. organized in the Arab world with Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, Doha in Qatar and Rabat in Morocco.
“Jasmin Open Monastir (WTA 250)” will take place on hard surfaces in Monastir, Tunisia from 3 to 9 October 2022.
- This tournament is equipped with 125 points and a prize money of $251,750
- It includes a table of 32 in singles (excluding qualifiers) and a table of 16 in doubles.
that sport is at the core of KIA’s strategic orientation
Sports sponsorship is a fundamental pillar of the South Korean brand’s marketing strategy worldwide, making KIA the sports partner par excellence. In addition, the brand is ranked among the largest sponsors of sports through its support of key events such as the World Cup, European Football Cup, Australian Open and NBA.
Since 2010 has City cars – KIAofficial dealer of the brand, has strongly supported the Tunis Open, even under development in 2022 as title sponsor of this international tournament which therefore becomes “Tunis Open by KIA”.
Through its support to “Jasmine Open Monastir (WTA 250)”, KIA further strengthens its sporting position and reaffirms its long-term commitment to its promotion, especially in Tunisia.
“Jasmine Open Monastir (WTA 250)” is a leading international competition in Africa and the Arab world. The commitment of City Cars – KIA in Tunisia therefore goes beyond mere sponsorship to be an act that marks the anchoring of the brand to support sports in Tunisia in general, and tennis in particular.
Jasmin Open Monastir, Distribution of prizes and points:
Winner: $33,200 – 280 points
Finalist: $19,750 – 180 points
1/2 Finalist: $11,000 – 110 points
1/4 Finalist: $6,200 – 60 points
2nd round: $3800 – 30 pts
1st round: $2725 – 1 point
Winner: $12,000 – 280 points
Finalist: $6,700 – 180 points
1/2 Finalist: $3,950 – 110 points
1/4 Finalist: $2,350 – 60 points
– 1st round: $1800 – 1 point.
It should also be noted that this tournament is included in the annual calendar of the women’s professional circuit among the 77 tournaments scheduled by the WTA, which are distributed as follows:
- 04 Grand Slams,
- 01 WTA Finals,
- 08 WTA 1000,
- 12 WTA 500, 29 WTA 250,
- 23 WTA 125
and among 29 WTA 250 tournaments.
Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th Oct: 1st round
Wednesday 5 and Thursday 6 October: 2nd round
Friday 7 Oct: 1/4 finals
Saturday 8 Oct: 1/2 finals
Sunday 9 October: Final
- The flagship battle of 1eh round will oppose Ons Jabeur (2nd) to American Ann Li (62nde), Tuesday 4 October 2022 from 18.00 on the center court.
- The match will be broadcast live on beIN Sports and Eurosport
Final table (single)
Main features (doubles)