The Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis implements a support system for the establishment of exogenous companies in its territory.
This system is part of the ambitious development policy in favor of business creation and employment in the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis.
One of Métropole’s objectives in terms of economic development is to attract a greater number of exogenous companies with high added value to its strategic sectors.
The metropolis attracted 34 new companies to the area in 2021 (more than 600 jobs planned over 3 years).
Faced with increased European and international competition in terms of economic attractiveness, Métropole is strengthening its support and support services for the establishment of exogenous companies in order to facilitate and speed up investment decisions in favor of it through coherence with the strategic sectors of the territory.
Thus, Metropolen is setting up a financial system from 2022 “Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur” for exogenous companies operating in strategic sectors that establish and create jobs in the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis.
1 – Eligibility conditions
Candidates for this system are legal entities subject to private law (only companies in corporate form).
This system is intended exclusively for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs according to the European definition): independent enterprises with less than 250 employees and whose turnover is less than or equal to 50 million. EUR exclusive of tax (or the annual balance is less than or equal to EUR 43m exclusive of tax);
Companies must present a job creation potential of at least 10 full-time equivalents (FTE) over 3 years in the metropolitan area.
The company must have existed for at least 1 year and must prove that it is in a sound financial situation and that it has not made redundancies in the 12 months prior to the application.
In addition, candidate companies must submit a detailed financial plan showing the estimated expenses planned within the framework of the implementation project.
Registration in the Trade and Companies Register (RCS) is mandatory.
Two scenarios are defined to certify an installation:
- The actual transfer of the head office to the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis territory;
- Establishment of a secondary place of business for a company having its registered office outside the territory.
- Since the purpose of this system is to favor companies with the greatest development potential materialized by job creation, the following activities are excluded:
- Financial and insurance activities;
- real estate business;
- The liberal professions;
- Retail and Trading (BtoC);
- All other sectors of activity excluded from the support schemes on which this intervention framework is based.
In any case, the relevance of the company’s activity and positioning within strategic sectors will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
2 – Amount of support
The support will take the form of a grant of between 30,000 and 50,000 euros and is paid in one installment upon signing the agreement. The aid amount is subject to the de minimis rule.
3 – Selection criteria
Criteria are used to assess both the eligibility and the relevance of the business plan that shows the interest of a company. It must be emphasized that a project’s eligibility does not automatically imply funding, as the latter must be assessed by the selection committee.
Businesses must be registered as a priority in one of the strategic sectors/sectors of the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis, in particular:
The amount of support will be based on the following criteria:
- Number and types of jobs created: creation of direct and indirect jobs over 3 years;
- The degree of innovation of the project: innovation category, patent application and development opportunities;
- The project’s positioning and added value within the sector and the local ecosystem: relations with local customers and suppliers, property programming, territorial network, etc. ;
- Social and environmental impact: nature and extent of the impact, labeling and certifications, compliance with standards, etc.
- Timeline: realistic timeline showing the main stages in the establishment of the company
- Preliminary budget: total implementation costs including financing of tangible assets, acquisition costs and operating expenses.
Read the full specifications and eligibility criteria “Business Landing Nice Côte d’Azur”
The deadline is 30/09/2022.
Applications must only be sent by e-mail to the address
firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure to indicate in the subject of the email “Help to set up 2022 – Candidature de [votre structure] »