Fourth generation foldable devices from Samsung are Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4. Both Samsung Galaxy are now available to the users. Since we already made a guide to take screenshots on the Galaxy Z Fold 4, this guide is about the Galaxy Z Flip 4. Here you will know how to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. The guide also includes how to capture a long screen.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with a flip module that sets it apart from other phones in terms of design. And since its design (form factor) is different, some ways of using the phone are also different. We will be sharing more guides in the next few days, but in this guide we will talk about different ways to take screenshots.
How to take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Unlike the Galaxy Z Fold 4, it is very simple to take a screenshot on the Galaxy Z Flip 4. In fact, the Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a compact device, while the Fold 4 is a larger device or we can also call it a tablet. But you still need to know the different ways to take a screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4. Knowing more methods will help you if the power button or volume buttons don’t work for some reason.
Screenshot using button combination
Let’s start the guide with the simple and common method. Using hotkeys is the commonly used method in various Android based devices. For this method to work, both the volume button and the power button must be working. Here are the steps.
- On your Galaxy Z Flip 4, go to the page you want to capture.
- Now press on Lower the volume and Power buttons together.
- You will see a screenshot animation.
- And the captured screenshot is displayed at the bottom with a toolbar for further actions.
- You can view screenshots in the Gallery app.
Screenshot using gestures
Using gestures to take screenshots is another easy method that can be used in Galaxy Z Flip 4. Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with Palm gesture support by default, but you can also replace it with other gestures for screenshots. This method is useful if you want to take a screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4 without power button or volume button. How to use gestures.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- In Settings, go to Advanced > Gestures and Gestures.
- Scroll to the end and you will find Swipe palm to capture. Make sure it is enabled.
- Now go to the page you want to capture.
- Now drag the edge of your hand on the screen, for example from the far left to the right.
- The screenshot will be taken as soon as you apply the gesture.
Now, that was the default gesture that Samsung included in the Galaxy Z Flip 4. If you want to change the gesture to say three fingers down, you can use a third-party app to assign the new gesture. But make sure the movement doesn’t conflict with the system’s default movement. Now let’s move on to the next method.
Screenshot using the Wizard menu
Samsung Galaxy including the new Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with the assistant menu. It’s like the assistive touch feature on the iPhone. This menu saves users a lot of time because a single button contains various control options, including screenshots. So if you want to take a screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4 with just two clicks, this method is for you.
- To enable the Assistant menu, first open Settings on your Galaxy.
- Now go to Accessibility > Interaction and Dexterity > Assistant menu.
- Turn the switch to ON to activate the menu button. You will now see a small floating button on your screen.
- You can change the available tools in the floating button from select menu items in the wizard.
- Go to the page you want to capture.
- Now tap on floating help button and it will show some tools.
- Tap screenshot and it will capture the page.
So these three methods are available in Galaxy Z Flip 4 by default to take a screenshot. Since the Galaxy Z Flip 4 runs on Android, there are endless customization options, even using third-party apps to change how screenshots are taken.
How to take a rolling screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4 (long screenshot)
Taking a long screenshot is different from a normal screenshot. It is also known as scrolling screenshot. It captures the entire page, including content that does not fit the screen. Long screenshots are useful if you want to capture an entire web page, long menu items, a lot of commands, search results, etc. Scrolling screenshots is like merging multiple screenshots into one. So if you don’t want to take many screenshots and want to save time and space, you can follow this method.
Not all pages support screen scrolling. The Galaxy Z Flip 4 recognizes supported pages and allows for long screenshots or continuous screenshots.
- Go to the page you want to capture.
- Now take a screenshot using one of the methods mentioned above.
- As soon as you take a screenshot, the screenshot will appear at the bottom with some tools.
- If there are four tools, including an icon with two dropdowns, you can take a long screenshot of this page.
- Tap the icon (scrolling screen) and the screen will expand. You can repeatedly tap the icon until it covers all the page data you want to capture.
- When you’re done, you can view the long screenshot in the Gallery.
So that’s about how to take screenshots on Galaxy Z Flip 4. Let us know what’s your favorite way to take screenshots on foldable phones like Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Want to know more about iOS 16? Here’s a new video about Apple’s upcoming operating system for the iPhone.