Unboxing and features
Sample of the connected clock Withings ScanWatch Horizon
After offering you the test of ScanWatch, already very convincing, we wondered what the model still above was worth. It is with this idea in mind that we asked Withings a replica of his connected watch top of the line. Guess what ? That ScanWatch Horizon is beautiful and arrived well in our mailbox. So let’s see what the brand offers us with this product that still appears on €499.95 !
So what is it worth on a daily basis? We give you our full review.
Our ScanWatch Horizon therefore arrives in a beautiful white box, on which we find an illustration of the watch. The first item performed by Withings relates to the clinical validation of the product as well as the very long autonomy of the product. Just like ScanWatch previously tested, there is also 30 days of autonomy. Unfortunately, given the duration of the loan, we will not be able to confirm this statement or not.
On the back of the box, Withings highlights a whole bunch of features related to measuring your health. We therefore learn that the watch measures sleep activity and is able to detect sleep apnea, for example. Ditto, it analyzes the heart rate while being able to identify variations in heartbeat or atrial fibrillation. Finally, we learn that it embeds electrocardiogram functions, measurement of oxygen saturation, that it has a gps tracker to measure physical activity etc. etc Especially since it will be waterproof up to 100m, ideal for swimming or divers!
Of course, to get the full benefit of these features, you need to review the application. HealthMate. We are therefore encouraged to download it via the various blinds of mobile applications.
Upon opening, we notice that the watch is particularly well packaged as it rests in a black foam compartment. On the side, the accessory part is covered by an envelope containing the manuals for ScanWatch Horizon. By removing it, we can discover the accessory part, which frankly seems very complete. Let’s see what the brand has to offer here!
For once, this accessory is really very complete, as in addition to the instructions, we find the charging base logical. However, Withings gives an extra blue rubber strap, much less classy than steel if you ask me. Here we find a hammer with a pin, a bracelet extension and a wedge. As you have probably understood, the goal is to be able to enlarge the steel bracelet of the watch yourself or not. ScanWatch Horizon.
- Pulse: beats per minute
- Respiratory disorders: detection by oxygen saturation, measurement of heart and respiratory rates and analysis of movements.
- Electrocardiogram: recording of a 30-second D1 ECG plotted on a millimeter grid
- Blood oxygen saturation level (medical SpO2)
- Walk and run: steps, distances, calories | based on user profile for accuracy
- Calories: metabolic calories and total calorie expenditure
- Race: automatic registration and daily overview of duration and distance in the app
- Swimming: Automatic registration | Duration and calories
- Sleep: deep and light sleep stages, oxygen levels, detection of irregular heartbeats, sleep interruptions
- Cardio fitness index: evaluated from the VO2Max estimate
- Height: meters and floors climbed
- Bluetooth low energy – for synchronization with Health Mate
- The connected GPS function requires the Bluetooth connection with the smartphone and activation of the location.
- ScanWatch can be installed on a smartphone or tablet via the Health Mate app, available for free on iOS (14+) and Android (8+).
- The installation cannot be performed on a computer.
- 43mm model: 43mm in diameter, 13.28mm thick, strap 20mm wide, 72g (watch without strap).
- Analogue clock with hands showing hours and minutes. The sub-selector shows the progress against the daily goal as a percentage. PMOLED screen displays ECG, SpO2, atrial fibrillation notifications, smartphone notifications, heart rate, pedometer progress, altitude, floors climbed, distance traveled, calories burned, activity and settings.
- Training mode shows a stopwatch and heart rate (continuous).
- The “Clock” menu gives access to an alarm, a stopwatch and a timer.
- The screen shows notifications about incoming calls, text messages, calendar events and more than 100 applications.
- Up to 30 days with normal use.
- + 20 extra days in reserve mode (time and activity tracking only).
- Approximately 2 hours for 100% charge. Approximately 1 hour for 80% charge.
- Stainless steel case with rotating stainless steel bezel, sunburst finish brass dial with applied indexing in luminous coated stainless steel, luminous coated brass hands, sapphire crystal, stainless steel strap and durable fluoroelastomer (FKM) strap and water resistant.
- Waterproof up to 100m deep
- Operating temperature: from -10°C to 45°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 85°C
- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) can make ECG recordings inconclusive.
- Proprietary multi-wavelength PPG pulse and SpO2 sensor
- Stainless steel electrodes
- High-precision 3-axis MEMS accelerometer