News hardware Android: here are the applications to quickly uninstall on your smartphone
Nearly thirty applications in the Google Play Store have recently been removed from the platform because they contained malware. If you had them installed, there is still time to delete them.
Security expert Dr. Web has made a specialty of trace corrupted android apps. The publisher focuses on malware such as Trojan horses, adware or others who register users’ personal data. It then scans the applications that are officially distributed on the Google Play Store and takes the necessary steps to get them removed.
This means that applications that Dr. Web public has pointed out, always been removed before. But that doesn’t mean they don’t work anymore as they can still harm the people who downloaded them.
10 million downloads for 28 malicious apps
that latest rankings infected apps from Dr. Web account 28 applications which have collected 10 million downloads. If the security expert points out that some Trojans have lost their intensity in recent weeks, such as Android.Spy.4498, known to steal information from notifications from other applications, it does not mean that it has disappeared from the radar. In addition, new threats appear all the time.
Some boil down to an invasion of advertisements on the smartphone in question, while others register the owner of the Google account for very expensive payment services, all without their knowledge. In particular, this is the main activity of the various Android.Joker malware, which has gained momentum in recent months.
Among the applications discovered in June by Dr. Web, and which was removed in July, we find a wide range of photo editing servicesbut also keyboards for Android, selection of wallpapers or phone call personalization systems.
Often, serious applications falling under these categories are paid. Android smartphone users are therefore lured by an attractive and above all free offer. Needless to say these apps make no promises and that they are never slow to unleash the malware they contain.
Android apps to remove from your smartphone
Here are the 28 apps you shouldn’t keep on your Android smartphone. If you have installed one or more, remove them immediately. You can optionally scan your terminal with an antivirus to confirm that there are no more threats left there.
- Photo Editor: Retouching and Cropping (de.nineenergysh.quickarttwo)
- Photo Editing: Art Filters (gb.painnt.moonlightingnine)
- Photo Editing – Design Maker (gb.twentynine.redaktoridea)
- Photo Editor & Background Eraser (de.photoground.twentysixshot)
- Photo & Exif Editor (de.xnano.photoexifeditornine)
- Photo Editor – Filter Effects (de.hitopgop.sixtyeightgx)
- Photo filters and effects (de.sixtyonecollice.cameraroll)
- Photo Editing: Blur Image (de.instgang.fiftyggfife)
- Photo Editor: Cut, Paste (de.fiftyninecamera.rollredactor)
- Emoji Keyboard: Stickers & GIFs (gb.crazykey.sevenboard)
- Neon Theme Keyboard (com.neonthemekeyboard.app)
- Neon Theme – Android Keyboard (com.androidneonkeyboard.app)
- Cache Cleaner (com.cachecleanereasytool.app)
- Fancy Charging (com.fancyanimatedbattery.app)
- FastCleaner: Cash Cleaner (com.fastcleanercashecleaner.app)
- Call Skins – Call Themes (com.rockskinthemes.app)
- Funny Caller (com.funnycallercustomtheme.app)
- CallMe Phone Themes (com.callercallwallpaper.app)
- InCall: Contact Background (com.mycallcustomcallscreen.app)
- MyCall – Call Personalization (com.mycallcallpersonalization.app)
- Caller Theme (com.caller.theme.slow)
- Caller Theme (com.callertheme.firstref)
- Funny Wallpapers – Live Screen (com.funnywallpapaerslive.app)
- 4K Wallpapers Auto Changer (de.andromo.ssfiftylivesixcc)
- NewScreen: 4D Wallpapers (com.newsscreen4dwallpapers.app)
- Stock Wallpapers and Backgrounds (de.stockeighty.onewallpapers)
- Notes – Reminders & Lists (com.notesreminderslists.app)