You should definitely use Microsoft’s Your Phone app if your PC is running Windows 10 or 11 and you also have an Android phone (Samsung). Among other things, it allows you to make and receive phone calls on your PC. In this guide you will learn how to make calls from laptop without phone in Windows 10/11.
On the other hand, one of the most requested features by Windows users is the Continuity feature seen on Apple’s Mac and iOS. Users can continue editing documents or images seamlessly even when switching between Apple devices.
Microsoft has now enabled customers to wirelessly control and mirror their phone to their PC by bridging the ecosystem gap between Windows and Android using Windows’ Your Phone software.
With the Your Phone Link app, users can check their alarms, return to their messages, and even answer or make calls right from their Windows 10 computer. All you need to use these features is “Your Phone App” on a running Android phone Android 7 or later and a Windows 1011 computer with Bluetooth capability.
How to make a call from a laptop without a phone in Windows 10/11
The latest update for Windows 11 has improved phone call quality in the Your Phone app. In case you didn’t know, the Your Phone app just got a makeover to match Windows 11’s new look, which features rounded corners and a soft color scheme.
The Your Phone app’s user interface is based on the current layout, but has some minor tweaks. For example, Microsoft moved the Messages, Photos, Apps, and Calls tabs to the top of the window and pinned the notification feed to the left panel. For more information, visit here.
So here are the steps to make a phone call from a Windows 10/11 laptop:
1. Install it Telephone link Microsoft Store app. Once installed, click Open to launch it.
2. click on Begin.
3. Tick the box next to it I have the link to the Windows app ready so choose Couple with QR code. A QR code will be generated.
4. Now on your Samsung phone, swipe down twice from the top to open the Quick Settings panel, then tap Link to Windows. Press and hold it to open Link to Windows Settings. choose Add computer.
You can also download Link to Windows Play Store app.
5. Water tap Continue and scan it QR code.
6. Water tap Do on your Samsung phone.
seven. click on Continue on your computer.
8. click on Begin.
9. Now go to call tab and click Begin under Make and receive calls from your PC.
ten. Activate Bluetooth on your Windows 11 computer. click on Activate. You also need to enable Bluetooth on your Samsung phone.
11. When Bluetooth is enabled, click Relate.
12. Finally, use the search bar to find a contact or simply use the call notification, then tap or click call button.
That is it. These are the steps to make a phone call from Windows 10/11 laptop without Android phone.
How to connect Android devices to Windows 11