To proceed further, you may need to find your Dell model number, whether you need support or the correct components for your computer. In this guide you will learn 6 different ways to locate and check out Dell laptop model under Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Meanwhile, when you do not have a sticker with the computer model, it can be difficult to find your laptop model. When you want to update or change something on your computer or laptop, such as RAM, ROM or battery, it is ideal that you know the model name. You may also need to know the model number of your laptop if you want to sell it.
What you learn in this guide:
Check out the Dell laptop model in Windows 10/11
There are several ways to find your Dell laptop model. Here we have listed 6 ways to check Dell laptop model on Windows 10 and 11.
To note: The steps are almost the same for Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Method 1. Search through settings (Windows 11)
One of the easiest ways to find the Dell laptop model is to open the Settings app in Windows 11. Unfortunately, the Windows 10 settings do not show your laptop model.
- Press / click Begin menu button, then select Settings. Hurry Windows key + I to open the settings directly.
- On it System pane, you can easily check the model of your laptops.
Method 2. Check the Dell laptop model using system information
- Click the Start menu button, then search for System information.
- Click on the top result to open it.
- On it System overviewfind your device’s portable model number in the Values column System model Article on the right panel.
Method 3. Find the Dell model using CMD
The command prompt can be used for a variety of tasks, including determining your laptop model. Just follow the steps below.
- Open Command prompt (CMD).
wmic csproduct get namethen press enter.
- Find your Dell laptop model below Last name.
- You can also use this command:
wmic csproduct get name, identifyingnumber.
Method 4. Determine Dell model using Windows PowerShell
Please follow the steps below to determine your Dell laptop model using Powershell.
- Open WindowsPowerShell.
Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_ComputerSystemthen press enter.
- Find your laptop model below Model menu.
Method 5. View the Dell model using the BIOS
“Basic input / output system”, or BIOS, is the abbreviation for “basic input / output system”. When you turn on your computer, this program checks to see if your hardware is working before allowing Windows to start. Without using Windows, you can get information about your machine and its components through the BIOS.
Here are the steps to check the BIOS of Dell vai laptop model:
- Turn on your Dell laptop.
- Hurry F2 when the Dell logo appears.
- On it BIOS website, you can see your Dell laptop model.
Method 6. Locate the product label on your computer
The product model number is usually found on a label or sticker on the outside of the case of most laptops.
The label can be seen on or near the following:
- The bottom cover, bottom or back of the product
- battery section
- Whether it’s a monitor, keyboard cover or wrist rest,
That is it. These are the 6 methods to check Dell laptop model on Windows 10 or Windows 11.
How to Disable Backlit Keyboard on DELL Laptops Windows 10/11
How to find the model number on my HP laptop