Diablo Immortal is gradually losing its streamers, influencers and websites – Diablo Immortal

Since its release on June 2, Diablo Immortal has been at the heart of several controversies. It is especially criticized for monetization, which is present and a great difficulty when it comes to equipping oneself by playing exclusively F2P. In recent days, several famous streamers have decided to leave the game, while Maxroll has announced the complete and permanent closure of its site dedicated to Immortal.

After Asmongold, Bellular Gaming and Quin69, it’s Wudijo’s turn to abandon Blizzard’s MMOARPG. In a long video, he looks back at the game’s development, the feedback sent to Blizzard and then the release of the title on mobile and PC. The player is known for its numerous videos and guides dedicated to Diablo 3, then Diablo 2 Resurrected and Diablo Immortal recently.

Asmongold, for his part, is disappointed with the lack of new ideas in the game, “apart from the ideas coming from the revenue department”.

Recently, the community site Maxroll, active on Diablo 2/3 and Lost Ark, announced that it was simply abandoning Diablo Immortal with immediate effect. The site justifies its choice with the financial aspect of the game, the disappointment of the players or even a gameplay that does not reward the gate.

The malicious Pay-To-Win system goes far beyond what is considered the norm for mobile gaming. Gambling addiction is genuine and can completely ruin lives. Although 99% of players have perfect impulse control, we can not stand what happens to the other 1%. This is totally against our values ​​and we will not participate in it anymore.

In practice, more than 10,000 hours of work go up in smoke. Maxroll will nonetheless continue to follow the Diablo 2/3/4 series and intends to open a section dedicated to Path of Exile soon. Current Diablo Immortal content will remain available for a while, but will no longer be updated. The updates had also been rare in recent weeks, which meant that something happened.

At Blizzard, there is no doubt that this gradual abandonment of part of the community should make you think, just like the messages posted by players on Reddit, official forums or elsewhere on the web.

Will JudgeHype abandon Diablo Immortal?

The answer is simple: no.

It is almost 25 years since the Diablo series has been followed on JH. The other franchises gradually joined the network, and for me it would not occur to me to give up one of them as long as we have the human means to follow the news.

Diablo Immortal is in turmoil, but this is not the first time this has happened in Blizzard’s history. Other games have been in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. Everyone remembers the release of Diablo 3 and the auction house disaster. However, the game has been improved with Reaper of Souls, and the community is now looking forward to each new season.

World of Warcraft has had some tough times, and what about Warcraft 3? The legendary RTS was thrown into the mud with Reforged. Everyone also remembers the sexual harassment scandal in Blizzard Entertainment’s premises.

Each time, I thought of the best way to approach the situation. I’m assuming I’m doing the JH community a disservice by dropping a game. One does not like the revenue generation of Diablo Immortal, with good reason. But I also know that the situation can develop in the right direction. The same goes for the development of Activision Blizzard and employee rights, topics that are followed regularly to keep you informed of the latest news, whether they are good or bad.

In recent months, Blizzard has added long-in-demand WoW features and restarted the development of Warcraft III: Reforged. The remastered Diablo 2 Resurrected is a success, and things seem to be moving in the right direction for Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2, though we shouldn’t get too excited yet.

Some visitors will probably wonder why I do not like Maxroll, and close the Immortal section in protest of the game’s revenue generation, which could lead to addiction. For my part, I prefer to approach the subject in an educational way, as when I published an article on the evil of loot boxes on June 2, the day Diablo Immortal was released. You’ve also been able to read other news about the best ways to remain F2P or even thoughts about whether or not you should spend money in the game.

I’m convinced that things may be moving in the right direction for Diablo Immortal, and I would be surprised if Blizzard remains deaf to criticism in recent weeks. Evolution will take time, especially as other elements come into play. It is unclear whether Blizzard is happy with the revenue generated by Immortal, or how much weight NetEase will have in future decisions.

In this turbulent time, however, I will continue to follow the title for anyone who plays it, enjoys it, or hopes Blizzard will make many improvements to it. We will get a taste next week;)

Leave a Comment