League of Legends has once again suffered a massive new leak regarding the next champion joining Summoner’s Rift. All of Nilah’s spells would have been revealed – information shared especially by Big Bad Bear, deliciously known for often hitting the bullseye. This is probably not the final version of the spells. As was the case with the Bel’Veth leak, this is probably a very close preview of the final set that will arrive with some changes.
More new mechanics
As usual with this type of leak, the only thing we have available is a text that explains the function of each of the skills that make up the master’s set. There are no videos or other evidence, but what has been revealed seems to be in line with Riot Games’ philosophy, with unique spells and new mechanics that would create a very interesting package to justify its arrival in the League of Legends.
- Passive – Iridescent inertia : Nilah’s base attack speed is very low (0.3), but it increases with shocks up to 6 stacks. Excess attack speed over the ceiling is converted to bonus damage by shock.
- A – Pearly Cut : Nilah hurries a short distance towards enemies and increases the power of her next basic attack to double strike and damage nearby enemies in a wide arc centered around her target. The second blow marks all enemies hit, and then damages them after a short delay. The damage of the second battle increases based on the number of enemy masters marked.
- Q Passive : When you throw an ability, Nilah’s next three attacks inflict bonus damage. The bonus damage for the third attack doubles and it regains 50% of its Q cooling.
- W-Tidal Orb : Nilah sends a water ball in the targeted direction. If it hits an enemy or a terrain, it explodes in collisions to create an area that slows down enemies, inflicts damage, and creates a cloud of fog in which enemies cannot attack automatically. Holds up to 10 seconds, but disappears 4 seconds after the first Allied Champion enters its bounds.
- E – Reluctant friendship : Nilah extends his whip in the targeted direction and attaches to the first enemy blow for 4 seconds. The tether will break if it exceeds 1000 units.
- Second activation : Nilah orders his whip to extend from the position of the associated enemy in the targeted direction. If he hits another enemy or an element of the terrain, another link is formed between the two targets, allowing Nilah another activation.
- Third activation : By pressing the skill, the elements connected by the chain in the second activation attract each other, take damage and slow down all the enemies they pass through. If both enemies are masters, they will also be stunned by collision. You can hold the spell to get Nilah to run to the first associated enemy.
- R – Promise of the sea : Nilah channels her magic and creates an elastic annular arena in the target area that lasts 7 seconds or until she leaves the area. Nilah can attack anything inside the arena, regardless of range. Enemies attempting to leave the arena will be repulsed (this can only happen once for each enemy). The walls of the arena act as land for Nilahs W and E. As long as Nilah stays inside the arena, she gets bonus movement speed and ignores collision.
The truth is that if Nilah’s ability set is confirmed, we’re looking at one of the most spectacular characters in the League of Legends. The description of “Water Yasuo” may not match the similarities of the spells, but it does match the fact that this new character will cause a lot of frustration among opponents.
However, we would like to point out that there may be changes to the final version and it is always wise to wait for official confirmation from Riot. The most obvious precedent is Bel’Veth. His spells were almost identical to those mentioned, but some of the more powerful items that were rumored did not come into play.
And his appearance?
A first concept art was already leaked a few days ago. The picture shows a champion with a blue-toned whip that looks like water, a weapon that has already been confirmed by Riot Games. His legs could also refer to the image revealed weeks ago by the studio, the one with the famous blue swirls.
Nilah, if that’s her name, to be revealed in patch 12.13 or 12.14. So we should know all the details between June 23rd and July 13th. Historically, there have always been releases at major annual events – and this year’s event will revolve around Star Guardians, as Riot Games has already confirmed. This would also mean that the master’s first shine would be themed.
After Taliyah or Olaf, we finally know the next League of Legends champion who will receive an update in the middle class. Quite the bot-track, as it is the military virgin, Sivir, who will receive a small (deserved) refreshment of her spells.