Microsoft’s Xbox & Bethesda Show was the most anticipated event of Summer Game Fest, a week of online conferences where most of the industry’s publishers unveil their plans for the coming year. Microsoft took the instruction literally, only showing games that were to be released within the next twelve months – reminding us that most would be available on Xbox Game Pass, its subscription game offering. The opportunity also to communicate aboutOverwatch 2 and of Diablo IVthe websites of the publisher Activision-Blizzard, in the process of being taken over by the Redmond company.
We really like Bethesda, but not for its risk-taking: since 1994, the studio has alternated episodes of its amazing series The older ones roll (Skyrim) with those from the post-apocalyptic saga fall out. We now have to trust Starfield, a space role-playing game, the first images of which were discovered on Sunday. On the land of the cows, Starfield seems to adorn the usual recipe with a serious atmosphere, even a little sad Mass effectand harvesting and building mechanics (including own ship) that evoke No Man’s Sky. But like this dizzying game, Starfield also promises to be able to fly to the stars and explore at least hundreds of different planets: a surplus that should stand in contrast to the studio’s usual productions, which have made a specialty of highly detailed and shaped universes by hand.
Released in the first half of 2023 on PC and Xbox.
After the narrative game Minecraft Story Modethe action game Minecraft Dungeons and the title of augmented reality Minecraft Earthreveals Mojang Studios with Minecraft Legends a new version of the greatest success in the history of video games. This title will offer real-time strategy in the dice universe. The presentation video shows the irruption of characters in the form of pigs – the Pigs – from the infernal dimension of Nether. The player will be invited to collaborate with other players to create bases with them and unite armies to defeat the Piglins.
Released in 2023 on PC, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PlayStation.
“High on life”
Almost everyone loves Justin Roiland, co-creator of the series Rick & Morty, who rejects his love of crossed universes, and his characters with hysterical voices at every possible and conceivable support. Either in series, with The opposites of the sun on Disney +, or in video games, with the rather slow virtual reality game Trover saves the universe. With High on the waistits colorful graphics and its wild weapons with faces (we think) fetch) which speaks to the player, he does not exactly leave his comfort zone. But the playful promise looks increasingly ambitious as it embodies a bounty hunter in a shooting game that promises to be rich, varied and graphically compelling.
Released October 2022 on PC and Xbox.
The Obsidian studio is almost 20 years old, but it still seems important to remember that it was founded by legends about computer role-playing games, people who worked on it at first. fall out Where Planescape: Torment. It must be remembered that these people regularly take astonishing risks and embark on action games (Alpha protocol), fun game (South Park: The Stick of Truth) or even multiplayer games (Grounded), titles differently inspired but always interesting. Bod seems to be a new one of these risks: impossible for the trailer’s vision to understand exactly what it’s all about, except that it’s an adventure game with strong narrative ambitions whose graphics would be straight out of medieval tapestries. Very exciting.
Released November 2022 on PC and Xbox.
Platforming, battle, riddles … cocoon resembles a distant descendant of Zelda: A Link To The Past (1991). The first images of this title published by Annapurna reveal to us the birth of its humanoid character equipped with insect wings that prove to be able to navigate between several interlocking dimensions. The artistic direction seduces with its round shapes and pastel tones, which give it a comforting side. While the phases of the game suggest puzzles composed with decorative elements. If the experience also arouses our curiosity, it is because it was developed by Jeppe Carlsen’s teams. He has already worked on the masterpieces Inde and Limboon behalf of the Danes of Playdead, and signed the very successful 140 and THOTH with own studio.
Released in 2023 on Xbox.
Announced in 2019, but postponed to November 2021, the new episode of the series, launched in 1996 by Blizzard, is therefore released for the first half of 2023. The fifth and final class of playable characters in this action role-playing game has been announced in 2019. revealed: it’s the Necromancer. The new videos lift the veil a little more over a large open world whose landscape and population are increasingly realistic. One of the new options offered will be to see Allied villages set up in areas emptied of opponents or to ride on horseback. With its morbid atmosphere and its battles against nightmarish creatures – alone or with others -, Diablo IV is still one of the most anticipated titles on the PC.
Released in 2023 on PC and Xbox.
And also :
- Hideo Kojima, whose last game was an exclusive Sony game, goes to the enemy: he instructs for Microsoft “the game of his dreams”which does not cost much to promise, but which is always a pleasure.
- After much delay, Overwatch 2 will finally be released on October 4th. For the occasion, we discovered a new heroine, poetically christened Junker Queen.
- Three years ago, we were able to try two levels of Their Knight Silksang, the sequel to one of the best action games of 2017. And since then, we have lived in anticipation – and a bit of anxiety – about seeing it again one day. A trailer will have reassured us: Silksang still exists. We just do not know when it will be released.
- On the occasion of the series’ 40th anniversary, Microsoft Flight Simulator will in November be equipped with old retro cuckoo clocks and gliders, but also from today, and because nothing seems to make sense in the video game industry anymore, with a spaceship taken from video games Halo infinite.
- The trailer offAra: Untold story tells us that it is a turn-based strategy game developed “by the creators who have revolutionized the genre”a modest and legally prudent way of saying how the creative director of the studio worked Civilization V.
- Scheduled for the first half of 2023, Redfall is driving us against hordes of vampires (resembling creatures from the series buffy the vampire slayer). In the new multiplayer shooter from Arkane Austin, it will not be crucifixes or cloves of garlic that will be used to repel bloodsuckers, but weapons or paranormal forces.
- After going off the beaten track with the open world racing game Forza Horizon 5Xbox takes over the direction of the circuits with Forza Motosport 8. Already announced in 2020, this new car simulation, which promises increasingly realistic images, will be released in the spring of 2023.