Most Android mobile phones have one thing in common. Yes, we are talking about the pre-installed apps that come loaded with almost all smartphones these days. Although some of them are quite useful for daily use, there are some applications which are useful for the user. And the worst part is that some manufacturers do not allow you to remove these unwanted apps from your smartphone. So what should you do? Well, there is a way to remove it from your home screen and app drawer. Most phones come with a built-in feature through which you can hide apps. In this article, we are going to show you how to hide apps. So here’s how to hide apps on Samsung, Vivo, OPPO, Realme and Mi mobile phones.
Also read: How to remove Google Account from Android mobile phone? – MySmartPrice
Hiding apps on Samsung smartphones is like child’s play. The company’s OneUI gives you a straightforward option through which you can easily hide apps without downloading any third-party apps. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open the app drawer on your Samsung smartphone and three dots in the top right corner.
- There you will see the settings for the home screen. Press it.
- Now look for “Hide app” in the list.
- Select the apps you want to hide from the list and just press the “Apply” button. Programs will be hidden from the main screen.
To cancel the process. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned above and just deselect apps and tap apply to view apps from your app drawer.
Also read: How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android mobile phone – MySmartPrice
Vivo FunTouch OS also comes with a built-in feature through which you can easily hide apps. However, the feature we are going to talk about in this article only applies to Vivo mobile phones running FunTouch OS 9.0 and later. So here’s how to hide apps on Vivo smartphones:
- Open the Settings menu on your Vivo smartphone and go to the Face and Password section.
- Click App Privacy and Encryption Settings.
- You will find the Hide app. Tap it to activate it.
- Now select the app you want to hide from your smartphone.
- When done, click Apply and your app will be hidden.
Interestingly, once the app is hidden, it will be completely closed. This means that it will not be displayed on the home screen, the latest apps interface or the app list. You will also not receive new messages. You can follow the steps above and just remove the app from the list and the app will be available again.
Read also: WiFi password control: How to check WiFi password on Android, iOS mobiles and Windows, macOS laptops – MySmartPrice
Realme has introduced a new app lock feature with its Realme UI, which helps you hide the app. The company has already revealed that the feature is available for all Realme smartphones. The App Lock feature not only sets the password for apps, but also hides them for you. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Settings and go to the Security section.
- Look for App Lock. You will be prompted to create an App Lock password.
- When you are done, you can go to Security and then to App Encryption.
- Enter the password and select the app you want to hide. Then turn on Activate Hide Icons on the Home screen.
- You must then define an access number for the application, which must end in ‘#’. When done, there will be a message “Hide home screen icons, do not show in recent tasks, and do not show notifications.” All activated.
Also read: How old is my phone: How to find out the age of any smartphone
With this, the application will be hidden from the smartphone. However, you can still access it by simply going to the dial pad and entering the access number. To disable this feature, simply select “Settings> Security> App encryption> Enter the privacy password> select the app you have hidden> Off Hide icons on the Home screen.
Read also: Unlock PDF password: How to remove password from PDF file using Adobe Reader, Small PDF, Google Chrome
Xiaomi also offers an option to hide apps in its MIUI operating system. The hidden app feature is available on all Redmi, Xiaomi and POCO smartphones. You can follow these steps to hide apps in Xiaomi phones:
- Go to Settings and open Apps.
- In the app settings you will find the App Lock function. Press it. It will first ask you to configure the service and you will also need to set a password for it.
- Once the process is complete, you have two sections: App Lock and Hidden Apps. Click on hidden apps and you will find a list of apps installed on your Redmi phone.
- Find the apps you want to hide and just turn on the switch. With this, your app will be hidden.
You can easily access hidden apps by simply using gestures. You can swipe two fingers on the screen and a message will appear asking you to enter the password. Once you enter it, it will show you the folder of hidden apps.
Also read: How to take a screenshot on Android mobiles: OnePlus, Samsung, Vivo, OPPO, Realme, Xiaomi, Redmi
If you use a OnePlus smartphone, hiding apps is a piece of cake. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, swipe up to open the app drawer.
- Now move your finger from left to right to open the Hidden Space app drawer.
- You will see a “+” sign in the upper right corner. Click on the sign and you will see a list of apps installed on your phone.
- Select the apps you want to hide from the app drawer. When done, just press return and your app will be hidden from your phone.
To view the app, follow the steps above and just long press on the app in the hidden space, then select “View” from the list.
Also read: Screenshot in Samsung Mobile: How to take screenshots on Samsung smartphones?
The process of hiding apps in Oppo smartphones is quite similar to that found with Realme phones. Here is a step-by-step guide to it:
- Go to Settings and open Security> Application Encryption.
- Now select the apps you want to hide from your home screen.
- You need to create a password for apps. Configure the password.
- Now enable the Hide Home screen icons option and you will be prompted to configure the access number. The number should start and end with ‘#’ and should be one to sixteen characters long.
- After entering an access code, press “Done”. This will hide apps from your smartphone.
Thanks for reading until the end of this article. For more informative and exclusive technical content, like our Facebook page