Google, since its inception, offers an increasingly optimal navigation to its users. Many services are available for individuals but also for professionals seeking visibility. In 2014, Google My Business was born, which directly addressed the needs of businesses. But what is Google My Business? What are the benefits of this tool for businesses? How has it become a real social network for local outlets? How to take advantage of it? Decryption.
Google My Business: definition
Google My Business provides businesses the ability to create an establishment sheet directly online.
Thus, when a person enters the terms of his search on Google, he can see appears on the right of his screen an insertion specifically dedicated to the company responding to its research intent and then highlighting:
- A picture of the company;
- The name of the brand;
- Opening hours;
- The location;
- Company activity;
- Contacts (phone, email, etc.);
- customer reviews;
In other words, Google has implemented a service that allows consumers to discover all the practical information about your business. The tool also enables interaction between consumers and businesses! Individuals can write their review, submit photos of purchased products, suggest schedule changes (if incorrect) or whatever.
Google My Business is a free toolintended for all activity sectors, but also all companies, small and large.
The Benefits of Google My Business for Business
Companies are almost 4 million, and that only on national territory, according to INSEE. So many companies now want to get the most out of the game and differs from the competition. At a time when new technologies are an integral part of our lives, the presence of companies on the Internet has become crucial to conquering new market shares.
To do this, Google is making its tool available so companies around the world can:
- Get visibility on the Internet, even if the company’s core business is not online (construction trades, craftsmen, food companies, etc.);
- Increase revenue by promoting store traffic (drive-to-store) through coupons or promotions;
- Build a strong e-reputation thanks to customer reviews left on the page (spontaneously or after sending a link to customers);
- Create the connection between trade and consumer by publishing news about the point of sale, pictures of your team, of your premises;
- Improve the user experience by listing useful information about the company (contact, itinerary, questions / answers);
- Increase website traffic thanks to the presence of the URL on the establishment file;
- Allow all businesses to be visible online (regardless of location or structure size …)
- Optimize your local SEO.
Google My Business: local natural reference
A survey conducted by Whitespark in 2021 showed that Google My Business listings were relevant to local natural references.
In fact, when the user performs a Google search, his phone or computer is geolocated if this option is enabled. So if he adds a local intent to his request, your Google My Business listing may go up in the initial results of Google. Three main criteria are taken into consideration by the algorithm implemented by Google:
- The distance between the searched company and the location of the internet user;
- The relevance of the business and the nature of the Internet user’s search;
- The company’s popularity.
The companies thus have everything to gain from highlight the geographical parameters in the description of their establishment. And much more when it comes to restaurant chains, shops, crafts for example, which require consumers to visit them on the spot. You guarantee the optimal placement of your business listing on Google.
Note that you can create as many directories as there are companies owned by your brand.
The establishment file: a real social network
Where companies can stand out is in the animation of this establishment sheet. If some imagine that it is enough to create it to be referenced, others use complementary services to increase their local visibility.
As well, nor is it about publishing posts identical to those on your Facebook account or Instagram.
Rather, it’s a matter of communicating about the news about your business, very reassuring to users:
- That news your business: products, dishes, designs, etc .;
- Major events: extraordinary opening, exhibitions, conferences, recruitment;
- Offer promotional from the moment;
- Further information regardingfor example, to the current restrictions to combat the spread of the virus or an extraordinary change of schedule, etc.
That Google Posts are visible for seven days directly in Google search results. In addition, there is another useful service: immediate exchange of messages, like social networks, which allow you to interact directly with users and answer their questions. You humanize this GMB page and build trust.
How to create a Google My Business account?
Want to get visibility on Google? That’s enough for this create your Google My Business account.
- Log in Next page ;
- Then equipped with your GMAIL email addressyou can then proceed with the creation of your Google My Business page;
- Your company may already be listed in the GMB list, but if it is not present, enter it manually by clicking ” Add your business to Google “.
- Fill in all the information about your company: the name of the brand, the nature of the activity, the latter’s website, your contacts, etc.
- The business directory is created by Google.
Google also indicates that a seriously completed and optimized file sees its chances of being visited jump by 70%!
Therefore, it seems that Google My Business has been added to the list of important tools to use increase the visibility of your business. Combined with well-thought-out SEO, good marketing knowledge and some editorial ideas, your business will grow in Google searches.
Article written by
This text is published under the responsibility of the author. Its content does not in any way engage the editorial staff of Les Echos Solutions.