My Media, Business and ASAP join forces to launch Heroiks

Posted 15 Feb. 2019 at 21:12

With vastly different profiles, the three actors My Media Group, Business and Aubert Storch (ASAP) had known each other for years and had long “sniffed up”, according to their expression. Before deciding to merge with Heroiks, who will emerge as “the leading independent communications player in France.”

Led by Anthony Ravau, also patron of My Media Group, the group aims for a gross margin of 50 million euros in 2019 with more than 300 employees. ” Two things convinced me to sign with Business and ASAP: the fact that these agencies were set up by entrepreneurs and their performance culture says Anthony Ravau.

The bridgehead of the new entity, My Media Group, will then add its digital expertise through its various subsidiaries: My Media, advertising agency Eggs, Search Foresight and Berlin agency Peak Ace, both of which specialize in digital marketing, Geo Vista and Roik.

As for the investment fund LBO France, owner of the group, it will own 55% of the new Heroiks unit. The remaining balance (45%) will be distributed among the five managers placed at the head of the group. In addition to Anthony Ravau and David Ringrave, CEO of My Media Group, there will be Georges-Henri Bousquet, President of Business and his sister Louise Bousquet, as well as Olivier Aubert, founding CEO of ASAP.

The most useful tool in the world

My Media Group was established in 2007 and achieved a gross margin of 22 million in 2018, an increase of 12% and manages 1.4 billion euros in gross media purchases. “Our results place us ahead of Mediabrands, Interpublic’s media team,” said its president.

As for his main reasons for pride: ” to concentrate 40% of TV purchases made by “e-retailers”, with advertisers such as Trivago, Showroom Private, Vistaprint, the used clothing retail site Vinted, etc. and have secured the TV launch of “pilot” brands such as Zalando, e.darling, AdopteUnMec, BlaBlaCar … ”

He also adds the satisfaction of having designed “Leadsmonitor”, a monitoring tool that connects directly to advertisers’ commercial sites and allows instant measurement of the effectiveness of their campaign and the traffic generated on their site.

Rarely

But by acquiring 55% of the new Heroiks group, via the LBO France fund, My Media – which already manages media purchases of Feu vert, Michel & Augustin, Velux, Système U, Pizza Hut … – is setting foot on a whole new market.

It with advertising creation for traditional customers from the mass market and the banking and insurance universe, managed by the Business and Aubert Storch agencies. Either advertisers themselves are looking for much more targeted, contextualized and personalized campaigns thanks to the use of data.

Business was created in 1978 by Eric Bousquet, Thierry Ardisson and Pierre Boulet, and was thus the origin of the famous 8-second spots, revived today under the name “Snap” format (6 seconds). As for the agency’s creations – “Lapeyre, there are no two”, “Carglass repairs, Carglass replaces”, “Knorr, I love it!”, “Oooptic 2000!” … “- centered on repetition, they were first mocked … before they were rehabilitated as major popular campaigns.

Uberiser advertising material

The same shock treatment for Aubert Storch (ASAP), launched in 1994 and acquired by Business in 2007. Jean-Michel Ribes and Jean-Paul Goude, who would collaborate directly with advertisers.

The idea gave birth to the Galeries Lafayette campaigns with its naive and colorful paintings, LCL and its gallery of furious people, MMA or even the very kitschy MAAF campaign.

For Business as for Aubert Storch, who played a step ahead of their sector, the alliance with My Media Group and the creation of the first independent group Heroiks will make them cross several steps in a row. Even though it already is, their actors are thinking about the next step: “ join a production group », States Olivier Aubert.

Leave a Comment