New external credit card size SSD delivers lightning-fast data transfer speeds in a drop-, water- and dust-repellent design for indoor and outdoor content creation outside
By transferring large files without degrading performance, The T7 Shield is ideal for recording and editing high definition video
Samsung Electronics Canada today announced the launch of its latest external storage device, the Samsung T7 Shield Portable Solid State Drive (PSSD), which offers unparalleled performance and reliability in a durable credit card form factor. The T7 Shield is the latest addition to Samsung’s T7 family of portable SSDs, which include the T7, an everyday drive with lightning-fast speeds in a sleek design, and the T7 Touch, a CES award-winning PSSD.with an integrated fingerprint sensor for better data protection.
“When it comes to performance and durability, both creative professionals and consumers need to trust to store their valuable data on the go, knowing that they are better protected even if the device is dropped, exposed waterproof or dustproof or used near a heat source, “said Mary Peterson, Vice President, IT and Business Solutions, Samsung Electronics Canada. “The T7 Shield offers wide compatibility and supports multiple devices, including PC, Android smartphone and game console.”
IP65 rated durability
The T7 Shield is Samsung’s most durable PSSD to date, making it ideal for outdoor content creators or travelers who need to protect their data from exposure to the elements or the mishaps of life. The T7 Shield is carefully designed by Samsung inside and out and withstands shocks and falls up to a height of three meterswhile being IP65 rated for dust and water tightness. Despite its new rugged design, the T7 Shield is compact and light and weighs only 98 grams.
The T7 Shield offers a read speed of 1050 megabytes per second (MB / s) and a write speed of 1000 MB / swhich are incredibly fast transfer speeds currently available based on the USB 3.2 Gen2 standard. It is about twice as fast as its predecessor, the T5, and up to 9.5 times faster than external hard drives (HDDs)which saves consumers, digital creators and professionals valuable time.
Samsung has also optimized the inside and outside of the product, changed the coating and improved the software on the T7 Shield to address the performance degradation and overheating that occurs when transferring large files. With this change, there is no degradation of performance even when 2TB files are moved at once and heat generation is kept to a minimum, which helps solve the inconveniences consumers may face. Thus, it is possible to transmit data stably without experiencing performance degradation., even when performing continuous large data transfers, such as recording, editing, encoding and reproducing high quality videos. This helps to avoid problems with irregular drive.
Wide compatibility and improved security
Samsung T7 Shield is designed to work on multiple devices and can store a large number of photos, games as well as 4K and 8K videos, whether it is on a PC, iOS system, smartphone (Android) or console games. In addition, T7 Shield has enhanced security (* 256-bit AES encryption) with hardware-based encryption, so that consumer data is better protected, even when T7 Shield is lost. In addition, it provides access to Samsung’s Magician software which allows users to easily manage the player.
Environmentally responsible packaging
As with Samsung’s other portable SSD lines, the T7 Shield uses a third of the packaging compared to previous generations, while minimizing greenhouse gas emissions during production.
Available in beige, black and blue to suit users’ preferences, the T7 Shield comes in 1 TB and 2 TB sizes, making it suitable for a wide range of applications. The drive comes with a USB Type-C to C cable and a USB Type-C to A cable and includes a three-year limited warranty with the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $ 204.99 for 1TB and $ 369.99 for 2TB. The T7 Shield is available in Canada today. Visit Samsung.com for more information.
Samsung T7 Shield Portable SSD Datasheets
|Samsung Portable T7 Shield SSD|
|Interface||USB 3.2 Gen2 (10 Gb / s)|
on the material
|Abilities||1TB / 2TB1)|
|Dimensions||88 x 59 x 13 mm (3.5 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches)|
|Weight||98 grams (3.47 oz)2)|
|Performance||Sequential reading||Up to 1050 MB / s3)|
|Sequential writing||Up to 1000 MB / s3)|
|Sustainability||Water and dust resistance||IP654)|
|Drop resistant||Up to 3 meters5)|
|Security||encryption||AES 256-bit hardware encryption|
|Software||Samsung Portable SSD 1.06)
Samsung Magician software
|Compatibility||Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X 10.10 or later, Android Lollipop or later|
|From 0 ° C to 60 ° C7)|
|Inoperative||-40 ° C to 85 ° C|
|Humidity||5 to 95% non-condensing|
|Shock||Inoperative||1500 G, duration: 0.5 ms, 3 axes|
|Vibes||Inoperative||10 ~ 2,000 Hz, 20G|
|Certificates||CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-Tick, FCC, IC, UL,
TUV, CB, EAC, UKCA, BIS
|Compliance with the RoHS Directive||RoHS 2|
|Guarantee||Three (3) year limited warranty8)|
1) 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes, 1TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. The computer may have a lower capacity due to the use of a different measurement standard.
2) The exact product weight may vary depending on the capacity.
3) Maximum data transfer speed is measured based on Samsung’s internal test standards with the supplied cable. Performance may vary depending on host configuration, cable, and user system environment.
4) The T7 Shield has an IP65 rating based on internal testing performed under controlled conditions. The water and dust resistance can vary depending on the actual environmental conditions. Damage caused by liquids and dust is not covered by the warranty.
** Based on IPX5 test: Based on internal test. Meets IP65 rating, tested under controlled conditions: 100 kPa water flow for 3 minutes. Water resistance may vary based on actual conditions.
** According to an IP6X test: the device was exposed to 2 kg / m³ of active dust with a pressure of less than 2 kPa for 8 hours in a vacuum chamber.
5) Based on internal testing. Tested to withstand a fall of 3 meters under controlled fall conditions. The fall resistance may vary depending on the actual environmental conditions. Fall damage is not covered by the warranty.
6) Minimum system requirements for T7 Series software: Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X 10.10 or later, Android Lollipop or later
7) The temperature of the house is measured at the hottest point in the cabinet. It is recommended to provide sufficient airflow for the unit to function properly in the event of a higher workload, while respecting its operating temperature.
8) Samsung Electronics is not responsible for any loss, including but not limited to loss of data or other information contained in Samsung Electronics products and storage devices, or loss of profits or income that the user may incur. For more warranty information, please see samsung.com.